Friday, April 23, 2010

My Ex's Cat and the Book of Awesome

So, in keeping with my family's tradition of being what other people think of as weird, my Ex came to me with a request. "Auntie M, Qtip needs a place to stay for a few weeks while I'm away...he would wuv to stay wif you"! Qtip is his cat who is notoriously mean because he lives with a guy who travels a ton and isn't known for being "loving" if you catch my drift. Yes, he is my Ex and yes, it is one of the reasons why we divorced in the first place. So here is the kicker, of course I said yes because a) I'm a helper and I knew that the Ex needed my help and b) I'm a sucker for an animal in need. Even a cat....and a mean one at that.

Here's the thing though, now he's here...we've all found that we're all allergic to him but the little bugger has turned into a snuggler and we all love him. My blended family has now decided that we would like joint custody of the cat! How's that for awesome.

Which brings me to a blog that everyone should read. 1000 Awesome things. It's a great back story of how the blog got started but the best part is the idea of seeing the Awesome in every day. Like the fact that a really mean cat of my ex husband can win the hearts of 5 people who are allergic to him enough to create a custody arrangement! Awesome!

Here is the link to his new book...really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment