Thursday, April 22, 2010

Time to get serious about blogging

So last weekend, we watched the love child who has no name. I'm thinking that love daughter is getting closer but not the point, her parents needed to go out so she came here to spend the night. When her Dad dropped her off, he told me that she was so excited that she had started packing 4 days earlier. She walked straight into the house, went right to the fridge to see if her "special drinks" were there and settled herself in for the night.

Not knowing what the little monkey had planned or what plans she was hatching with her brothers and my daughter I figured that I had better get her car seat in case a trip was in order (it was). As her Dad was getting it out for me, he told me that at work that day, he'd been trying to explain our relationship to a co worker. After a half an hour of explaining, and an attempt at a family tree drawing, the co worker apparently looked at him and shook his head saying "that is f@#ked"!

I laughed when I heard it because it happens to us all the time but then started thinking about it. Here we are, a family of people who has chosen to get over our own crap, forgive ourselves and each other and not make everyone's life worse by fighting and it's US that are f#@ked? Seriously.

So all of you out there, take a look at your children and decide what is better for them and everyone else...strangling rage burning below the surface bubbling over every part of your life, or recognizing that everyone is human everyone makes mistakes and no child should ever have to inherit the crap of their parents...? Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment